Qualified Beneficiaries shall be entitled to a maximum amount of Fifteen Thousand (Php 15,000.00) Pesos to defray the cost of tuition fee and other school requirements, provided that no grantee shall be a beneficiary of more than one (1) program.
Scholar’s benefits shall be paid to the Educational Institution upon submission of the Statement of Account.
In order to qualify for financial assistance for Technical and Vocational Skills Training Program, a student should possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident of Davao City;
- Should be of good moral character;
- Must belong to an indigent or below-average income earning family, as pre-determined by the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO);
- Must be a graduate of any public or private secondary school in Davao City;
- Must not be a recipient of any scholarship/financial aid/grant from any government agency, non-government agency, foundation, and the like, except for academic scholarship granted by the school for honor students;
- Should pass the qualifying examination given by the EBSU Office;
- Only one (1) child per family can avail the scholarship;
- Shall enroll in any academic institution or technical/vocational school in Davao City that offers technical or vocational courses, duly recognized and accredited by the TESDA.
- The above qualification requirements, notwithstanding, the City Mayor may, by reason of poverty, abandonment, abuse and other meritorious grounds, exercise discretion and allow the conditional admission of an applicant, subject to the rules and guidelines of the program.
As basis for the approval of the student’s application for the scholarship program, and prior to the execution of a contract between the City Government of Davao and the grantee, the latter shall submit to the EBSU Office the following documents, to wit:
- Accomplished Scholarship Application Form;
- Certificate of Residency issued by the Barangay Captain;
- Certificate of Indigency issued by the CSSDO;
- Income Tax Returns of both parents, if both are working;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character;
- For incoming freshmen:
a. Form 138;
b. NCAE result;
c. Recommendation from the principal, school administrator or instructor;
d. Official results of the qualifying examination conducted by the school where the applicant intends to enroll.
- For college students:
a. Transcript of Records
- For ALS graduate:
a. Alternative Learning System Accreditation & Equivalency Test.
List of Technical/Vocational Courses Offered: