The City Mayor, through an authorized representative, shall conduct the screening process using the twin criteria on indigency and cultural classification.
A qualified Lumad beneficiary shall received a monthly educational stipend in the amount of One Thousand Five Hundred (Php 1,500.00) Pesos for ten (10) months to defray the costs of room and board, books, uniform, transportation, thesis preparation, and other educational related expenses, provided that, no grantee shall be a beneficiary for more than four (4) academic years.
The monthly stipend shall be paid directly to the grantees through Automated Teller’s Machines.
In order to qualify for the Financial Assistance Program for Lumads, a student should possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident of Davao City;
- Should be of good moral character;
- Must belong to an indigent or below-average income earning family, as pre-determined by the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO);
- Must be a graduate of any secondary public or private school in Davao City;
- Must not be a recipient of any scholarship/financial aid/grant from any government agency, non-government agency, foundation, and the like, except for academic scholarship granted by the school for honor students;
- Should pass the qualifying examination given by the EBSU Office;
- Only one (1) child per family can avail the scholarship;
- Must belong to an indigenous tribe of Davao City as certified by the concerned Tribal Deputy Mayor, National Commission on Indigenous People or Office of the Muslim Affairs;
- For College students: Must have good scholastic records from previous semesters or academic years;
- For applicants who are in the secondary level: He/She must be a graduate of any primary public or private school in Davao City.
- Shall enroll in any school in Davao City, duly recognized by the Department of Education or Commission on Higher Education.
- The above qualification requirements, notwithstanding, the City Mayor may, by reason of poverty, abandonment, abuse and other meritorious grounds, exercise discretion to allow the Conditional Admission of an applicant subject to the rules and guidelines of this program.
As basis for the approval of the student’s application for the scholarship program and prior to the execution of a contract between the City Government of Davao and the grantee, the latter shall submit to the EBSU Office the following documents, to wit:
- Accomplished Scholarship Application Form;
- Certificate of Residency issued by the Barangay Captain;
- Certificate of Indigency issued by the CSSDO;
- Income Tax Returns of both parents, if both are working;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character;
- For Secondary Students:
a. Form 137;
b. Recommendation from the Principal;
- For incoming freshmen:
a. Form 138;
b. NCAE result;
c. Recommendation from the principal, school administrator or instructor;
d. Official result of the qualifying examination conducted by the school where the applicant intends to enroll.
- For college students:
a. Transcript of Records
- For ALS graduate:
a. Alternative Learning System Accreditation & Equivalency Test
- Certificate of Confirmation from the NCIP or OMA;
- Certification from National Commission on Indigenous People, Office of Muslim Affairs and Academic Institution that he/she is not a recipient of any scholarship, financial aids, grants and the like.