This course is designed to enhance the knowledge, desirable attitudes and skills to perform shielded metal arc welding work according to the standard expected in the workplace. It covers compentencies such as:
- utilization of specialized communications
- development of team and individual needs
- application of problem solving techniques in the workplace
- performing workplace safety and house-keeping
- interpreting blueprints
- setting up of work area equipment and accessories
- preparating weld joints
- depositing weld joints
- preparing materials and tools
- welding carbon steel pipes and plates in all position for fillet and groove welds
- must be a resident of Davao City
- should be of good moral character
- must belong to an indigent or below average income earning family as pre-determined by the City Social Services and Development Office (CSSDO)
- must be a high school graduate
- should pass the qualifying examination given by the EBSU/STEP Office
- accomplished scholarship application form
- certificate of indigency issued by the CSSDO
- ITR for both parents, if both are working
- certificate of good moral character
- Qualified applicants shall receive a maximum amount of Fifteen Thousand Pesos (Php 15,000.00) to defray the cost of tuition fee and other school requirements, provided that no grantee shall be a beneficiary for more than one (1) program.
- Scholar’s benefits shall be paid directly to the Educational Institution, Technical or Vocational school in Davao City.
- A starter kit shall be provided after finishing the program.